AIA Oklahoma Design Award 2019
Our MM31 home was honored with a Citation Award at the AIA Oklahoma Design Excellence Awards Banquet on Nov. 1, held on the top floor of the Devon Tower in Oklahoma City. This Freese Architecture project was one of 21 winning entries from over 100 submissions.
- They appreciated the simple building form, and utilization of space.
- This home’s perception is that its larger than it is.
- The palette is clean and carried throughout the home with a great feeling of warmth.
- The entry approach is private, but yet inviting. The stone veneer at Level One frames the composition while the cement plastering steps back from the base is light and with transparency.
- The white color that carries to the interior reinforces the home’s simple design and sophisticated perception.
“The AIA Oklahoma Design Excellence Awards program celebrates the best in architecture and urban design. We are excited to showcase this exceptional architecture and design from our Oklahoma architects,” said Lanny McIntosh, AIA, 2019 AIA Oklahoma President.